The treatment of infertility with acupuncture and Chinese medicine dates back 2,000 years. These ancient, time-tested techniques improve fertility rates and support a woman’s whole body, unlocking unlimited potential health, healing and childbearing.
According to the theories of acupuncture and Chinese medicine, infertility is caused by an imbalance of Qi and blood affecting one or more of the Organ systems.
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine can raise the fertility potential for women by affecting the quality, quantity, balance and flow of Qi and blood. When Qi (also called Life Energy) and blood are circulating freely throughout the body, every cell, tissue and organ is properly nourished and functioning well. When this occurs, a woman’s health and fertility are increased.
A landmark study published in the medical journal Fertility & Sterility found that acupuncture dramatically improves the chances of becoming pregnant when used in conjunction with other assisted reproductive techniques.
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, which improves the chances of an ovum implanting in the uterine wall
- Reduces anxiety, stress, and the hormones that are secreted during stressful situations that can significantly decrease fertility
- Normalise hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, specifically in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Positively affect the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a key role in fertility regulate menstrual cycle In a study published in Human Reproduction Journal, and ultrasound was used to evaluate blood flow to the uterus during acupuncture treatments. The study found the blood flow increases during treatment. According to Dr. Nancy Snyderman, “When acupuncture needles are placed correctly, it can affect the nervous system. The idea is that if you stimulate the nervous system, you can make the uterus quiet and allow blood to flow.”
- Relaxing the uterus and increasing blood flow allows for the successful implant of an embryo within the uterine lining.
Women’s health issues that Acupuncture and Chinese medicine have been effective in treating:
- Fertility (male & Female)
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- No menstrual cycle
- Heavy bleeding
- Painful menstrual cycle
- Ovarian cysts
- Breech Baby
- Labor induction in overdue pregnancies
- Uterine fibroids
- Blocked Fallopian tubes
- Hormonal imbalance
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Pregnancy & Postpartum support
- Problems with Lactation
Tracey also treats Men’s Fertility issues – Acupuncture and can help improve sperm quantity, mobility and motility
www.hfea.gov.uk (Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority)